Saint & Profane
Street Photography | Beginners & Advanced
In collaboration with Palermofoto® ACSI we present a four-day workshop that combines the art of photography with the magic of storytelling. Among the alleys and light of the small village of Siculiana, you will be immersed in one of the oldest religious celebrations in Sicily, the “Lu Tri di Maiu” procession (the Third of May). Each participant will be guided by the coaches of Palermofoto® and build up a personal set of photographs through the assignment of different “Missions” during the event. After each day the images will be edited and screened within a group or individual working session, according to the specific needs of each photographer. To enjoy the beauty of the countryside of Siculiana we suggest accommodation in an intimate B&B resort that offers comfort, individual apartments with a kitchen, a swimming pool and the most beautiful beaches of Sicily’s southern coast: Giallonardo, Siculiana Marina and the white rocks of Scala dei Turchi. Among stunning sunsets, unique nature, local wines and food we share a passion for photography and Sicily’s cultural heritage.
1st – 4th May 2019
Is it for me?
There is one thing the photograph must contain, the humanity of the moment.
Departure Time8:00 AM
Return Time6:00 PM
IncludedPersonal GuidePhotography CoachSici:scatta Travel KitTraining MaterialsWelcome & Farewell Meal
DAY 1: HELLO SICULIANA
DAY 2: MISSION IN THE STREETS
DAY 3: MIRACLES HAPPEN
DAY 4: FINAL TOUCH
- Workshop type: Documentary & Street Photography
- Skill level: Beginners, Advanced
- Class: 4-8 participants
- Personalized map of Sicily
- Digital Guide on Google Maps
- Lecture about cultural side looks, local project and history
- SD Memory Card for your camera
- Digital photo camera, with everything that comes around (cables, charger, card reader) Consider an external hard disk to make a back up of your daily shooting.
- Minimum of lenses (we recommend a 24-50mm prime lense + zoom lense and/or tele lense)
- Laptop with charger
- Other photo equipment (tripod, filter and what ever you desire)
- Comfortable footwear (for trekking)
- Swimsuit (optional)